Enough with the spin. Here are the facts. And no, this is not taken from Breitbart or Hot Air. This is taken directly from Comey's statement yesterday, which I pulled from the FBI website. I also cite the Federal Penal Code, taken from Cornell University Law School website. THESE ARE FACTS.
- Hillary used FOUR different private e-mail servers to send and receive work related e-mails during her tenure as Secretary of State.
- Hillary sent or received 110 e-mails on her private e-mail that contained classified information at the time they were sent.
- Hillary sent or received an additional 2,000 e-mails that contained information that became classified after the fact ("up-classified").
- The FBI also found "several thousand" work related e-mails that were NOT turned over to the FBI by Clinton.
- Of those e-mails not turned over by Clinton, three of them contained classified information at the time they were sent.
- The FBI also "developed evidence that the security culture of the State Department in general, and with respect to use of unclassified e-mail systems in particular, was generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government."
- The FBI reported that they were able to assess that "hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account."
- It was found that she used her personal e-mail "extensively while outside of the United States, including sending and receiving work related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries."
- They found that it is likely that other work related e-mails were not found and could not be found because Clinton's attorneys had deleted emails and cleaned the devices in such a way to "preclude complete forensic recovery."
- Lastly, they report that Clinton and her staff were "extremely careless" in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information
(f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer— Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.Is extreme carelessness different than gross negligence?? If so, please fill me in.
Not only does the penal code dictate that such activity would be a felony, Director Comey even said as much in his statement yesterday:
"To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now."He told us straight out that Hillary gets to play by different laws. And he did it with a smile. And a big FUCK YOU to the American people. But then again, maybe he was just trying to avoid being the next tally on the Hillary Body Count.
Since this e-mail shit hit the fan last year, the Pathological Pantsuit has repeatedly promised the American people that she never sent or received information on her private e-mail that was classified at the time it was sent or received. We now know this to be untrue. Of course, I expect Hillary to run with the whole "It wasn't marked as classified, so I did not know it was classified." Except that a small number of those classified emails "bore markings indicating the presence of classified information." And even if they did not have those markings, there are really only two possible scenarios to extract from Hillary's denials. It's an EITHER/OR thing, people.
EITHER: She knew she dealt with classified information and is lying about it (most likely). Cannot have a President like that.
OR: She really did not know that the information was classified, which means, as Secretary of State, this idiot could not tell the difference between matters of national security and whether or not to offer fukkin' scones at Chelsea's wedding. Is THAT who you want as President?