Wednesday, June 28, 2017

John McEnroe Had Better Never Apologize!


Uptight snowflakes and sphincter sucking sissies are all up in jazz arms this week demanding that John McEnroe apologize to poor Serena Williams.  Why, you ask?  Well, during an interview on NPR this week, the big mean white haired old man called Serena the "greatest female player ever, no question."  Can you believe it???   This chauvinistic crab actually said that.  The NPR interviewer followed up by asking why he qualified the statement with the term "female."   HUH?  He called Serena a female???  Holy fuckmetotears!  The noive!

Here's the actual conversation in case you missed it:
GARCIA-NAVARRO: We're talking about male players, but there [are] of course wonderful female players. Let's talk about Serena Williams.   
MCENROE: Best female player ever — no question. 
GARCIA-NAVARRO: Some wouldn't qualify it; some would say she's the best player in the world. Why qualify it? 
MCENROE: Oh! Uh, she's not, you mean, the best player in the world, period? 
GARCIA-NAVARRO: Yeah, the best tennis player in the world. You know, why say female player?
MCENROE: Well, because if she was in, if she played the men's circuit, she'd be, like, 700 in the world. 
GARCIA-NAVARRO: You think so? 
MCENROE: Yeah. That doesn't mean I don't think Serena is an incredible player. I do, but the reality of what would happen would be I think something that perhaps it'd be a little higher, perhaps it'd be a little lower. And on a given day, Serena could beat some players. I believe because she's so incredibly strong mentally that she could overcome some situations where players would choke 'cause she's been in it so many times, so many situations at Wimbledon, the US Open, etc. But if she had to just play the circuit — the men's circuit — that would be an entirely different story.

So, what the Legion of Easily Offended are whining about is that McEnroe arbitrarily claimed that 699 men are better tennis players than Serena.  Seems like a big number.  BUT, in 1998, Serena lost to the 203rd ranked male player in the world in straight sets, 6-1, 6-2.

Then there was this quote from Serena herself in 2013 when on David Letterman:
“Actually it’s funny, because Andy Murray, he’s been joking about myself and him playing a match. I’m like, ‘Andy, seriously, are you kidding me?’ For me, mens’ tennis and womens’ tennis are completely, almost, two separate sports. If I were to play Andy Murray, I would lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes. No, it’s true. It’s a completely different sport. The men are a lot faster and they serve harder, they hit harder, it’s just a different game. I love to play women’s tennis. I only want to play girls, because I don’t want to be embarrassed. I would not do the tour, I would not do Billie Jean [King] any disservice. So Andy, stop it. I’m not going to let you kill me.”
But now Serena wants McEnroe to leave her out of his comments that are "not factually based" and to leave her alone while she's trying to have a baby.  Shut the fuk up!!  I do love that Good Morning America had McEnroe on yesterday morning after his comments and asked him if he would apologize for his comments.  He said, "Um, no."  

And why should he.  He was asked specifically about female players by that NPR asshole.  So when he includes the qualifier in his response, she then calls him on it?  Four years ago, Serena said the same friggin' thing.  So he exaggerated by using the hyperbole "700" - but the message is identical.  It's a different fukkin game!  There is a reason the men play best of 5 sets and women play best of 3.  I don't know the reason... but there is one.  I do know that the x chromosome and the y chromosome are different fukkin' chromosomes.  YOU KNOW THEY ARE!  EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE!  So cut the fukkin' shit.

John McEnroe said NOTHING wrong.   Neither did Serena in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment